Yay, my first TBR post … and also the first TBR of 2021. Let’s hope this new year will be better than the old one! So, here’s my January TBR and my Reading Goals for 2021!
My Reading Goals for 2021
Last January I decided that I would read 52 books in 2020. It seemed daunting at first. After all, it meant I had to read one book every week!Yet, thanks to Covid 19 and the lockdown in my country I finished book number 52 in May … who would have thought?!
After that, I increased my goal to 100 books. I reached this new goal in September and couldn’t be bothered with setting a new one. In the end, I read 145 books in 2020. I have to say, I’m quite proud of myself, even though it was only possible because of the very unusual circumstances.
I know that in 2021 I won’t have as much free time on my hands as I had last year. Still, I’ll go for 100 books again. It seems to be a challenging but also realistic goal. You’ve got to keep it realistic, right?
My January TBR
Click on the title of the books to get to their Goodreads page.
- Murder on The Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien (The Lord of the Rings #2)
- The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien (The Lord of the Rings #3)
- Maskerade (Discworld #18) by Terry Pratchett
- The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman and Chris Riddell
- The Mercies by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
- Masters of Rome (Rise of Empires #2) by Simon Turney, Gordon Doherty
- The Believing Brain by Michael Shermer
- SPQR by Mary Beard – you can find my review here
- Inferior by Angela Saini
Let’s see how many books I can manage! I’m pretty optimistic that I can get to all of them, however, I might not be able to finish them all.
What about you? Have you made a list of books you want to read in January? How many books do you want to read in 2021? And which books? Please tell me in the comments!
I hope you have a nice reading time! Till next time!